I’ve been tagged by my beautiful and amazing friend, Queen Bee from I Sing The Body Electric to create this post about what makes me happy. Thank you, Queen Bee for tagging me! You know how much I appreciate being a part of your truly awesome community. 🙂
If you don’t know Queen Bee, then you really ought to check out her blog. Queen Bee writes straight from the heart, raw and uncensored. I love reading her posts. She’s one smart lady with a lot to say. I’ve lost track of how often I’ve stopped midway through one of Queen Bee’s posts, just to laugh or think before continuing. Thank you, Queen Bee for being part of my blogging community! I’m honored. 🙂
Tag Rules: ( Feel free to adapt as you see fit)
- Name five things that make you happy.
- Name five songs that make you happy.
- Nominate five bloggers to continue this tag.
Five things that make me happy.
First of all, I spend most of my time in a state of gratitude and happiness. Somewhere along the way I learned that life is gift. I value that gift and try to make the most of it. Happiness, as we know, is a choice. So why choose anything else. You should know that I have a tendency to state the obvious. 🙂 Anyways, here’s my list:
- I have two beautiful daughters who’ve both reached adulthood. When they tell me that they love me, I light up inside like the proverbial Christmas tree. Those three words are all I’ll ever need from them – ever. The same goes for my husband. 🙂
- I talk daily with my mother and a few of my sisters through our Facebook chat group. I check in first thing every morning to see what everyone’s up to. I love our group. They are my number one supporters and I’m lucky to have them. 🙂
- I love blogging of course – my reason for being here. 🙂 I love sharing my poems, and I love reading what others are writing. I love connecting with my fellow bloggers on a daily basis. I would love to read everyone’s blog daily, but time not permitting, I read as many as I can. There’s so much talent here that it’s often humbling.
- I’m a homebody so I love spending time at home. I love to travel as well, but it’s always great to be home again. This Sunday past, as I was sitting at home and reading a few blogs or more, I saw a notification from WP that I’d received my first 1000 likes. As you can imagine, that made me very happy. 🙂 I have a really small blog which remained in almost complete obscurity until about 6 months ago. So the likes are a testament to my community’s loyalty. A huge shout out to all of you!!!
- I also happen to love stand-up comedy. I can’t help but love people with a sense of humor.You can’t go wrong with a good laugh. So, I thought I’d share 2 funny videos. 🙂
Now 5 songs that make me happy in no particular order. 🙂
In honor of my first 1000 likes (why not), I’m going to leave this open for anyone in my community who’d like to pick up the tag, and create their own post of happiness. You’ve all made me very happy! I also hope you have as much fun as I did. 🙂 And remember, you guys are awesome!